The broad purpose of the occupation is to support the development of individuals within the aerospace and defence industries to produce complex high-value, low-volume components or assemblies in full or part, using machines, equipment or systems, to the required specification. Trainee Fitters may typically have a mechanical, electrical, electronic, control systems, pipe fitting or instrumentation bias or operate across multiple disciplines depending on the type of assembly. This introductory programme gives learners the foundation to start a career within engineering to progress onto a Trainee Fitter role.
In line with the government requirement for 20% off the job training, all of our apprenticeships incorporate:
- Training programme tailored towards the aerospace and defence industries
- Industry specialist qualified trainers/assessors
- Support and guidance for the apprentice and employer from start to finish through one to one meetings and off the job classroom training
- Apprentice access to a comprehensive range of resources via our e-portfolio system for self-study
- Regular feedback on apprentice progress to the employer
- English/mathematics upskilling