Aircraft Maintenance Fitters/Technicians work on maintaining aircraft of all types from small aeroplanes to airliners, fast jets and helicopters, both civil and military.
- 36-48 months
- Level 3
- Cambridge, UK (foundation stage) followed by employers workplace
On this programme, you will learn the to basic skills required to carry out approved maintenance processes to maintain the airworthiness of the aircraft in your employers workplace. It involves highly skilled, complex and specialist work, maintaining aircraft systems according to approved requirements and work instructions, using relevant hand tools and equipment. They must comply with civil and or military regulatory and organisational requirements. They must be able to research data sources, ensuring that on completion of a task all aircraft documentation is accurately filled in.
In line with the government requirement for 20% off the job training, all of our apprenticeships incorporate:
- Bespoke training programme scheduled to meet employer needs
- Industry specialist qualified trainers/assessors
- Support and guidance for the apprentice and employer from start to finish through one to one meetings and off the job classroom training
- Apprentice access to a comprehensive range of resources via our e-portfolio system for self-study
- Regular feedback on apprentice progress to the employer
- English/mathematics upskilling