This course is designed to provide an introduction to teaching that will give an insight into the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training, how to plan and deliver inclusive teaching/training sessions and how to assess and give constructive and developmental feedback. This is the entry qualification for working in FE and adult education.
The qualification is made up of three units, covering:
- Unit 301 Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Unit 302 Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Unit 305 Understanding assessment in education and training
It is delivered over four days in a classroom environment. There are assessments throughout the course, and the last day is an observed micro teach. There is also a written assignment to complete.
You will achieve a L3 Award in Education and Training qualification, awarded by City & Guilds.
This qualification can help you to progress in teaching/training and support roles in a wide range of organisations in the lifelong learning sector.
Costs include the registration and IQA costs, workshop time and one to one support from a qualified assessor throughout your qualification.
Course materials provided
- C&G Textbook – L3 Award in Education & Training – A Turner, J Whiting
- 28th-29th May and 4th-5th June
- 28th-29th September and 5th-6th October