THIS COURSE IS CONDUCTED OVER 4 x 4 HOUR SESSIONS OVER THE 2 DAYS
Through a combination of self-managed learning and classroom learning, you will gain;
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mixture
Mental health is something we all have, some days it is better than others. Online Mental Health First Aid (OMHFA) is a training course that will equip you with the tools and knowledge to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
MHFA will teach you to listen without judgment, reassure someone with concerns and respond, even in a crisis – and could potentially stop a crisis from happening.
You’ll learn to recognise warning signs of mental ill health and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone while keeping yourself safe, which is an important skill to have when helping others.
You’ll also learn how to sign-post the support someone may need for recovery or successful management of symptoms.
What’s more, you’ll gain an understanding of how to support positive wellbeing and tackle stigma in the world around you.